Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jackson Hole Vacation

So Scott and I had a really hard time packing for this trip. Scott worked everyday before we left so that he could have the three days off. I tried so hard to remember everything but needless to say the camera was left at home. So thanks to Scott's mom who sent us all her pictures and took pictures for us. You'd think that since I've been married to Scott for 5 years now that I would have down getting the camera packed. It is still a work in progress. So enjoy our latest trip it was alot of fun. I didn't get to go rafting because the water was to high and the rapids were pretty much nonexistent. I'll have to go another time or get to them on this side of the state.


This is my favorite photo of us. This is as we are getting ready to leave on Tuesday Morning.

The Teton's. Aren't they just amazing. I never get tired of looking at them.
This is our proof we really did go to Jackson Hole. Have to have pictures by all the signs.


These are pictures of some of the things we did. The top picture is the Jackson Hole Visitor Center. They had several cool statues of animals around and in the building.


This cougar was in the Wildlife Museum. It was really cool looking. It totally looked like it would pounce on you as you were coming up the stairs. We thought it was free but once we got to ground level they were actually charging $10 a person to look at wildlife paintings. None of us were up for that especially since we were just trying to do things that didn't cost any money on Sunday.

This exhibit was in the Ripley's Believe it or Not building. That was alot of fun. I could have sat there and watched the movie they were showing for hours. There are some amazing things that people do and phenomenons that happen in this world.

I was just horsing around with Scott. He loves it when I try to lick him. NOT!!! We had just finished eating at my favorite restuarant The Merry Piglets and so I was in a pretty crazy mood.

We are standing by one of the many Antler archways in Jackson. They have them on all four corners of the town square. They are pretty cool. Don't get caught taking any out of them it will cost you a $750.00 fine. Ouch!!!

These pictures are of our two Moose friends that joined us at our camp. I am serious when I say they joined us because they literally were in our camp spot. Our camera's weren't even on zoom. They were so close that you could almost touch them. They were at the most 5 feet away from us. It was scary but cool at the same time. We just made the kids stay on the truck bed and we all just sat and watched them for about 15 minutes while they ate and then moved to the river. That's the first time I have ever been up close and personal with a moose, oh wait that was 2 moose.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

S&S...looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!! I love the Teton Mountains. The moose pictures were great. If ya ever get a longer vacation, go to Yosemite National Park. You see bears during the day and the evening. Plus there are some great trails to hike. Thanks for sharing your experience! :)