Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Okay so this year in our garden we decided to grow some pumpkins. We were really excited because at one point we had 12 pumpkins growing. Unfortunately somehow our plant ended up dying and so some of the pumpkins went bad. We ended up with only these five pumpkins. We actually gave my brother three of them for his girls.
Scott and I decided we would carve the other two pumkins for ourselves. I hate to admit this but I have only carved pumpkins maybe one other time in my life. I've watched it done lots more than that but I don't know if I've ever really done one myself. So I started off by making an ameteur's mistake and didn't even cut the hole in the top big enough to dig out all of the guts. I had to find a spoon that was big enough to get them out. Scott laughed at me. Oh well what can I say.
Scott taking out the guts of his pumpkin

Okay so now its my turn to try and get out all the nasty stuff out of my pumpkin. Had to get the longest spoon that we had in the house in order to do it.

Scott's on the left and Mine on the right.

It's Susan's Happy Face. I don't know could use a little more experience at this.
I love the nose on Scott's pumpkin.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Great pumpkins. We didn't even do it this year.