Monday, May 31, 2010

6 Year Anniversary - Wolf Creek

So for our 6 Year Anniversary we decided to go to Wolf Creek to use our timeshares. It was so much fun. We had a wild ride getting there. My friend Kristi and Doug were sealed in the Rexburg temple on the 22nd and so that morning Scott got off at 7:00 and we hurried to Rexburg. The problem though was we hit every kind of weather you can think of. The saying in Idaho of give it 10 minutes and the weather will change is so true. We started with rain, snow, sleet, hail, gusty winds, sun and then it started all back over again by the time we hit Rexburg.

The sealing was awesome and a long time coming. We left Rexburg around 3:00 and by the time we hit Rigby (10 minutes away) we were in a blizzard. Yes I said blizzard. It was snowing so hard. It lasted about twenty minutes and then we just had wind and rain the rest of the way to Wolf Creek. We did a lot of relaxing but got to go to IKEA, played a couple games of racquetball until I ran into the wall so hard it knocked me silly, got to see Shrek 4, went to a session in the Ogden Temple(first time for both of us), went to the driving range, and actually played a round of golf. Was a great 5 days of just spending time together and doing whatever we wanted.
 Cooking in the kitchen.  That is what I love about timeshares.  You can take food and prepare it right there where you are at.
 Master Griller Scott
 Ogden Temple
 We decided to hit the driving range before we went to an actual golf course and golfed.
 If you look close you can see my ball barely getting off the green mat.
 Scott was swinging good.
 He sliced this one a little bit you can see the ball going off to the right in this picture.
 The views that we got to wake up to each morning.  It was gorgeous.

 We headed out for a real golf course.  I hadn't golfed in forever.  I totally sucked it up.  I lost my ball off the 1st tee box.  At the 2nd tee box I hit a house.  I told Scott I was finished but he said I had to keep playing because he paid for me to play.  Needless to say it wasn't a very good round.  I told him I was never going to play again unless I got lessons.
 If you see the houses in the background at this tee box it said if you hit a house you would have to pay for any damages.  Well I had been slicing everything all day and so I lined up to make sure if it sliced it would still stay in the fairway.  Well guess what???? Yep you guessed it that was the straightest shot I hit all day long and I hit it right into the pond.  Yes I was totally ticked off at that point.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

How FUN! Happy Anniversary!! Your blog is super cute!!!

Rita Peck said...

What a fun anniversary. You guys are so great

Kristi said...

Hey Susie!! I saw you left a comment on my blog...that was so sweet of you! And then I got to go look at your blog...I love blog surfing and seeing what's going on in the lives of people I know and love. I am so happy for you and Scott and the lives you are living...together. You seem so happy, and I'm glad you are active in the church and living the gospel. That makes me happy! I know you will be blessed. love ya!