Saturday, September 8, 2012

Time Out for Women - Boise 2012

Well it was Time Out for Women time again. 
 I can't believe it's the 10th Anniversary.  I wish I could remember how many of them I have been too. I love this event so much.  I love the spiritual uplifting I receive and I love the female camaraderie we get from our friends when we get together.  This year we had it in Boise at the Grove.  The speakers on Friday night were Jason Wright and Brad Wilcox.  I laughed so hard during Jason Wright's talk.  He talked about failures and how everyone has to fail to finally succeed.  Brad Wilcox is just so great at opening up the scriptures to us.  He talked to us about names and why they were so important.  We learned about all the names of Christ.  He is so educated on them. I just kept saying man I would love to be so good at understanding the scriptures like he is.  The Musical Presentation was from Macy Robison.  We had actually heard her last year in Poky.  It was mostly the same talk but I still enjoyed it again.  Her main point to me was to be grateful and seek out the good.
 Mom and me.

Kammi and myself after the meeting was over.


The gang that went to Time Out (Left to Right:  Me, Cindy, Nicole, Durea, Cathy, Kammi)  My mom was there also but she was worried our seats would get taken so she stayed where she was at.

SATURDAY
So on Saturday we got there early enough that we could get better seats than we had on Friday Night. 
 
This was the line that was in front of us even though we were there 20 minutes before the doors even open. I sprinted to the far side of the room and was able to get us seats that were just five rows back.  It was awesome to be up that close to the presenters. 
 We ended up getting our bags which most people didn't like but I actually love mine.
Yes I was excited about my bag and excited about being at Time Out for Women.

 Our Musical Presenter for the day.  Hillary Weeks!!!  Love Love Love her.  I heard her the 1st time at my very 1st Time Out and have loved her ever since.  She started with the song Dance in the Rain.  It's one of my new favorite songs of hers that she just wrote this last year.  
The first speaker of the day was Mariama Kallon.  She is from Sierra Leone.  She went through horrible things that no child should ever have to go to.  She had such a great sense of humor though.  She takes nothing for granted and reminded us all of that.  She also reminded us to never give up on our Heavenly Father when we are going through trials.  He will be there for us but we have to wait for it.
It was Hillary's turn again and she talked to us about her research project she did about "clicking" all her negative thoughts.  She found that she was depressed when she was focusing on the negative thoughts all day long.  So she decided to turn it around and think good thoughts and count them. Needless to say she felt so much better about herself and every day situations.
We then got to hear from Kris Belcher(she's blind).  This is the 3rd time I have heard her speak.  She is very funny and has a great sense of humor for the trail she has had to go through with being blind. She taught us how to have the Lord with us.  She reminded us that as Women we need to have the help of our Heavenly Father with us all the time.  When we feel like we aren't getting any where we need to "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming" (Dory from Nemo).
Anthony Sweat was next and I had never heard him.  He is a seminary teacher and knew lots and lots of things about the scriptures again.  He taught us all about charity.  The biggest thing I got out of it was that charity is a relationship between me and Heavenly Father.  So the closer I get to God the more I will focus on helping others and that's charity.
We then had an hour and twenty minute lunch break.  The group decided to go to the Spaghetti Factory.  Mom didn't think she could make it that far and so I just got her a box lunch and then hurried to catch up with everyone else.
The group for lunch.
 
 One of the breaks but look how full this room is.  They said there were 1600 women there.
After lunch we headed back.  We got to hear from Wendy Ulrich.  She had lots of points that hit home on apologizes and getting/giving forgiveness. I loved her final point of I get to chose to be happy or I can be miserable but it's my choice.  
Hilary came back and made it liven up a little bit and then Emily Freeman finished us off.  She is always a big hitter and really knows how to pull on the heart strings.  She talked about trusting in the Lord during the middle moments of our life. She gave us 5 ways to make it through the middle moments:
1)  Trust in the Lord
2)  Trust in his Word
3)  Trust in his Timing
4)  Trust his Example
5) Need to trust that our sacrifice will lead to blessings.
Such a great talk and it stirred my soul.  So another great Time Out in the books.  Next year we have to travel but we haven't decided exactly where we want to go yet.



No comments: