Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sunflower Seeds

We had six sunflowers that grew this year.  I ended up with 5 of them that were huge.

Here are my sunflower heads.  I thought it would be good to make homemade sunflower seeds.  Here is how many seeds I had after I got them off of the heads.

I ended up soaking about 1/2 of them in salt water.  
 
 
 This is what was left after I fill my biggest pot with salt water and seeds.

It ended up taking 3 cookie sheets to cook in the oven.  It filled 2/3rds of the bin you can see in this picture.  After trying them and they weren't very good I decided not to do any more of them.  Too much work when you can buy them pretty cheap at the store.  Not going to make this mistake again.  At least I can say I tried. :-)


No comments: