Saturday, March 12, 2016

Time Out for Women 2016 - Idaho Falls

This year I went to TOFW with my mom, Scott's mom, and Scott's aunt Patty.  It was alot of fun.  We went to Idaho Falls this year and got a hotel room for the night.  We left early during the day so that we could stop in Blackfoot at the wood store to get some more crafts.  After that we went to Idaho Falls and had to hit all the craft stores there because Scott's mom decided she wanted to make jars like I have.  After that we went to eat at Johnny Carino's.  It was yummy as always.  I then dropped everyone off at the door because we had mom's wheelchair with us and so I knew I would be parking far away from the Civic Auditorium.  When I got in there I couldn't find where they had gone.  I kept asking where the wheel chairs were going to be at.  I finally saw Scott's mom and she told me we were up in the orchestra section.  I was completely shocked.  We had the best sheets in the house.  Friday night we had Hilary Weeks as the musical entertainment.  Mary Cook and Michael McLean were the presenters.
 Me & my Mom

 Hilary Weeks - Yes we are this close to the presenters.

 Michael McLean was so inspirational.  He talked about not filling like he was getting any answers from heaven for 9 years.  It was amazing to listen to him and realize that I can keep going even when it doesn't feel like I'm receiving any answers.

 Calee Reed was the musical entertainer for Saturday.  I knew a couple of her songs but I ended up loving all the songs that she sang. She has gone through her mom dying and not getting married until she was 30 and then getting divorced and now being a single mom raising a 3 year old. Amazing her spirit.
 These are the Saturday Presenters - Mary Ellen Edmunds, Tim Ballard, Alissa Parker, Emily Watts, and Calee Reed.
 The woman decided to do a panel for us.  I didn't get a picture of Alissa Parker by herself but her story is about the Sandy Hook Shooting.  Her daughter was one of the kids killed in that classroom by the gun man.  There of course was not a dry eye in the house during her talk as she talked about her daughter, the events of that day and how she had to come to terms with her daughter's death and what she is doing on the other side of the veil.  

Time Ballard - He is the owner of Operation Underground Railroad.  He and his team are going into the face of evil and putting away child predators who are trafficking kids around the world. Crazy the stories he told us.  
 Yep I actually got to get pictures and talk to two of my favorite people.  Hilary Weeks and Michael McLean.  I had a perm-a-grin all night long.


No comments: