| In front of one of the banners. |
It was a great spiritual uplifting event. I was also able to talk to lots of my friends from Poky and tell them our good news about Rachel. The event was held in the Holt Arena.
My friend Kammi and I came from Boise to it.
We hooked up with another friend Kathy, my mother, and Scott's mom and sisters. It was so much fun to get away and to have a Girl's Weekend. Our hotel was awesome and had a great continental breakfast. We got the hotel for cheap off Priceline.com and I was so happy that it ended up being a decent hotel in Poky because we all know they have some crappy ones. I got to eat at all my favorite restaurants and just relax. We didn't really have time to do any shopping but that was alright. We were there to be spiritually lifted. The first night they had a concert violinist there that was awesome. She was so funny because nonchalantly she was like oh yeah Elder Oaks is my dad. We were all floored. Friday night was also a talk by the editor to President Monson's autobiography. She was awesome and had great stories about how much the Prophet really does care about everyone. Everyone is important in his eyes and he makes time for anyone. Mercy River was awesome again as usual. I made my Mom and Kammi listen to the CD so we could get in the mood for them. he he he. Kammi and I had heard several of the speakers from last year but oh it was so great to hear their messages again about hope and knowing that everything will be okay. This next year when its in Boise Kammi and I are going to work it so we can get free tickets but also so we can be an integral part of Time Out for Women.
I left Rachel with my dad all weekend long. She loves my dad so much. On Saturday we went to pick up my mom and I checked on Rachel. She wanted to come with me but we told her she gets to help Grandpa make a cake and she was fine. When we finally went to pick her up though she was done. She wouldn't let me out of her site and I had to hold her while I packed up all her stuff. That's the first time we had left her with anyone over night so it was a good trial run before when my parents come to our house while Scott and I are at girls camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment