Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we ended up going to the other side of the state.  We left Wednesday after I worked 1/2 a day and headed to Logan.  Scott had gotten off that morning and so he slept most of the way to Logan.  We got there and hung out.  We left Rachel at Amber's house and we went to go pick up the food we were supposed to bring to dinner.  Rachel of course wouldn't go to sleep that night and we attended to put her in a real bunk bed this night also.  Our air mattress was right up next to the bunk bed so even if she had fallen out she wouldn't have fallen very far.  Of course she wanted to sleep right at the spot where the railing wasn't at.  Scott woke up in the middle of the night throwing up.  So I didn't sleep hardly at all that night between keeping Rachel up on the bed and Scott being sick.  The next day we had thanksgiving at noon with Scott's family.  By 1:30 I started to get sick.  Needless to say the ride to Poky was miserable.  We had to stop several times for me to throw up and use the restroom.  When we got to my parents house I spent most of the time in the bathroom.  Neither Scott nor I eat at this dinner.  I tried to go sleep it off but nothing was working so finally at 10:30 I told Scott I couldn't handle it any longer.  I was in throwing up about every 20 minutes. We took the 20 minute drive and went up to Bingham Memorial Hospital.  Scott only signed the consent and they took me back to the room.  I talked to the nurse and the doctor and they were hooking me up with the IV when Scott finally finished filling out the paperwork.  I was so happy to get the phenergan.  It put me to sleep and stopped the throwing up.  We were in and out and back home in two hours.  It was awesome.  I of course was out of it and wasn't able to go shopping and so Scott went and did it by himself.  We left Friday afternoon to head home.  We were hoping that Rachel wouldn't catch this nasty stomach bug that we had both gotten.  She didn't so that was a complete blessing.  I feel bad all the family members that did get sick because if we had been sick before we left home we totally wouldn't have gone.  (Pictures will follow when Scott's mom is able to send them to me.  We were to sick to even think about pictures.)

The only pictures we got were at Amber's house.  I didn't even get to eat at my parents house because I was so sick.  So this is what we got.

 All the kids at one table.

 Close up of Colby, Bryson and Rachel.

 Smiles before the sickness started.

No comments: