On Saturday before Easter we ended up having our community Easter egg hunt at the clubhouse. I had to be there early to set up. Scott was in charge of getting Rachel there but needless to say they were late getting there so they missed her age group. Rachel remembered she had forgotten her basket and so Scott turned around to get it and that's why they were late. We weren't to worried about it since Krista took some of her son's eggs out of his basket and let Rachel pick them up. We also knew we would be doing an egg hunt tomorrow on Easter.
Scott had to go to work Saturday night and all the sudden I was like oh we haven't dyed any eggs yet. So I put the eggs on to cook and then Rachel and I dyed the eggs.
We decided to try the cool aid colored eggs. Rachel only wanted to have purple. It doesn't really look purple it looked black. So crazy she didn't want to try any other colors. I said I would do orange just to give us a different color.
She did really well today not making to much of a mess.
Letting the eggs dry.
Having fun doing the eggs. Totally love her smile in this picture.
Our little colored eggs.
Easter Bunny came. I love that he doesn't forget Mom and Dad. :-)
This is what the yard looked like before we woke Rachel up. Scott had to work again and so Rachel and I stayed home from sacrament meeting so we could do this with Scott. So here are the eggs all over the yard. The Easter Bunny hid all the presents in some crazy places today.
Pocahontas I and II movie.
Bike hidden behind the lid of her sand box.
Galoshes for playing in the rain.
This one is a little harder to see but there is a big red Dr. Seuss book on the table and a new princess kite hanging on the BBQ.
We woke up her and before she could go outside she saw what the Easter Bunny left inside. Doesn't she look so cute in her hat. I love it.
She had to have a peep before she went outside to see what was out there. I took a video and will see if it will upload to the blog. She was so cute when she saw her bike.
Here is the video from outside:
http://youtu.be/wWO1RjFUTKM
Here is the video from outside:
http://youtu.be/wWO1RjFUTKM
Back inside with all her eggs so we can open them and see what's in them. Scott and I had to help her pick them up because she was to busy looking for present she didn't care about the eggs.
Bowl full of peanut butter eggs and jellybeans along with a bowl of money for her piggy bank.
The loot she got from the Easter Bunny.
She got a bike, golashes, kite, Dr. Seuss book. movie, a Minnie Mouse T-shirt, a Belle T-shirt, a new hat, candy, money, peeps and chocolate marshmellow eggs.
She also got a present from Grandma and Grandpa Schaffer. It's a Sid the Science kid Easter movie and
a chocolate Easter bunny.
After we got back from church and eat some lunch I let Rachel go outside to ride her bike. She had a little bit of trouble figuring it out but she finally got it. She also knows she has to wear her helmet with it and has been really good about putting it on when she rides.
No comments:
Post a Comment