Sunday, October 20, 2013

Primary Program & Yarn Blanket

This weekend we ended up having Scott's parents and Grani,  my parents, and Jamie's family come to our house.   Rachel got to sing a solo today at church.  She sang the song "When I Am Baptized" or as she calls it "The Rainbow song".  The weekend was spent with everyone going their own way because there was lots of shopping to be done.  We ended up eating at Fuddruckers so Scott's mom could have a good burger.  It actually ended up being really good.  Saturday Night Jamie, Hallee, Rachel and I went to the church to practice her song.  There was a reception going on in the gym so we had her sing into the mic that wasn't hooked up.  We ended up putting her up on some song books so that she could see over the podium.  The next day ended up being disastrous for her singing her song.  She got so upset that she couldn't see over the podium that she ended  up not paying attention to the song that she was singing by herself.  I was bummed because I know she knows the song and she just didn't do it.  After church Scott's family left.  I had to stay and teach my lesson so mom stayed with me.  My lesson went well.  Grandma Tracy had brought Rachel her crochet blanket that she made for her.  I had mentioned to her that Rachel didn't get one for her blessing day.  Scott's mom hadn't even thought about it and so she made one for Rachel.  This is Rachel's "Yarn Blanket".  Isn't it so cute.


Rachel loves it so much and sleeps with it every night.

No comments: