Sunday, May 4, 2014

Baby Killdeer

So one of Rachel's favorite things to do right now is chase the baby killdeer that come into our yard.  I let her go outside and play today.  I started to hear this chirping high pitch noise.  It kept going on and on and on.  I decided I had better look to see what was happening.  This is why there was so much noise.
She had caught the baby killdeer in her hands and wouldn't let it go.  I'm sure it thought it was going to be squished or something.  Needless to say I told her to let it go.  She went and put it back in the garden and it ran under the fence to get away.  I was surprised she had even caught it because most of the time they are so fast she hadn't been able to catch any.  This one got out into the grass and couldn't run as fast as he does on the straight dirt.  Note to self:  Catching Killdeer are easy if they get to the grass.

No comments: