Monday, October 20, 2014

Brain Balance Center

Today was our first day going to the Brain Balance center in Utah.  It takes us two and a half hours to get down there.  I wasn't sure what to expect so we got there around noon.  Rachel decided she wanted to eat at Dickey's.  So she had the Mac n Cheese and I had the special. It was pretty good.  We then went to the center.  Rachel got to play for a little bit in the house they have built in the center.  They then took her back with another little boy named Kayden.  I went with Sydney and and she gave me the "Book"
We went over everything about the program.  She showed me the exercises that we have to do at home three times a day.  I asked how do you get a stubborn kid to do it.  She said we needed a reward system like they have at the center.  They get brain bucks while they are there for doing good.  So we need to start a reward system at home.  They also told me that her diet is going to entail taking out gluten, dairy, soy, and peanuts.  I thought maybe they would test to see if they were having any of those allergies when in actuality they just take them out of the diet.  I'm totally freaked out about that part of this. They also said that they only get 30 minutes of screen time a day.  Needless to say when we got in the car and I took away the iPad I had one really unhappy camper.  She loved being at the center and had fun.  She got tired and this is how she was in the car coming home.
 She was of course asleep until I took the shot.  I love that she has her legs crossed and yes this is the look she had after being told all the things we needed to do at home.  She is definitely not a happy camper.


No comments: