Scott had to be in Poky working on the day the movers showed up. He took Rachel with him when he went to Pocatello on Sunday night. I got to stay and deal with the movers. So I was ready for them to be there at 8:00 in the morning. At 8:30 there still weren't any movers there so I called. They said oh we have you on the schedule for 9:00. I was not happy. They actually ended up not even getting there until 9:45. I had Cindy Hall and Shanda Jackson show up to help me clean. I was trying to get everything cleaned out. Joyce Loveland showed up in the afternoon and I had her vacuum everything for me. Around 1:00 I had to go out to the dealership and get the truck. It was finally fixed. I left Shanda there as my watch over the workers. I was shocked with how much they got into the truck but I knew they weren't going to be able to get it all in the one truck. So they had to leave to go get another trailer. When they showed up with their biggest trailer I was like are you kidding me. There was going to be no way they were going to get everything in that either. Needless to say they had to go get one more trailer. This time we put anything that wouldn't fit in that trailer in the bed of my truck. Shanda stayed until the bitter end. Needless to say it was 7:30 when the movers finally loaded up the last trailer and was heading to their shop. They were going to have to deliver tomorrow. I hit the road around 8:00 by the time I got the house locked up and all secured. I was so tired. We spent the night at Grani's house.
One the next day Tuesday I loaded up the truck with everything that Scott had brought with him and Rachel and my stuff. We headed to Pocatello. I dropped Rachel off at my parents house and I went to our rental. I pulled out my vacuum and ended up cleaning the floor. For it being carpet cleaned it was still gross. So the movers where supposed to be at the house around 1:00 / 2:00. At two I still hadn't herad anything from anyone. I called the shop and got the head guys cell phone. He was about an hour and a 1/2 away still. I was so ticked. We got hold of the elders quorum here in the new ward. Come to find it out is my old roommates husband. She helped get the ball rolling to get some men over here to help us. The movers showed up around 4:00. We showed them where things were going to go and then at 5:00 we had about ten guys show up to help move us in. Needless to say we ended up only have to pay for an hour and a 1/2 of the movers time. That saved us so much money. I was so grateful for the help that we got. We decided we love our ward already and we haven't even been to the ward yet but just because they came out in such a group effort it made us feel good.
We have boxes everywhere and no one where put anything. I still have to decided on more boxes going to the garage and into the extra bedroom.


No comments:
Post a Comment