Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Instant Gratification

So this is what we call instant gratification. Isn't green a wonderful looking color. Oh I never thought I would say that although it is Scott's favorite color. Scott and I both just have been looking at it going holy cow we can't believe how much better our back yard looks. It's also a huge relief to finally have it done. Yes it was back breaking work but I will take that over having to watch seed grow any day. Scott and I had actually made it through two and a half pallets out of five before Opie and my friend Janiece showed up. When they showed up we breezed through the the last two pallets in about thirty minutes. I kept telling Scott I had this fear we weren't going to have enough sod. I was right. We ended up having to order another 750 square feet more thinking we would still have some left over. We had about 2 square feet left. So if anyone knows how to figure out squre feet of an area I would love to know how to calculate that. Obviously Scott and my math skills are a little rusty. I had ordered 2200 square feet in the first place and we though we would have extra. No such luck.















































Scott was in charge of the actual laying of the sod.











I got to be in charge of the hauling it from the pallet across the dirt to wherever Scott was at laying the sod.

No comments: