Friday, October 15, 2010

Orlando Day 8 - Sea World

This was a bitter sweet day. It was our last day in Orlando but we were going to use every minute before we went home to get one more theme park in. We went to Sea World this day. It was awesome.
Scott and I of course hit the roller coaster first thing. It was called the Manta and it was awesome. (Sorry we forgot to get a picture of it). You sit in a chair and then they tilt you onto your belly and you actually feel like you are flying.  After that one I knew I was pretty much done with Roller Coasters. I couldn't do any more. Scott did a couple more of the roller coasters and he was fine going by himself on them so I let him and just hung out waiting for him.  7 parks in 8 days I was just exhausted.  We then hit all the animal shows. The dolphin show was my favorite.
 Dolphin hanging out.

 This is a baby whale.

 This guy is riding the nose of two dolphins.
We were completely disappointed in the Shamu show. I understand why they don't want the trainers in the water with the whales any more but it's just not the same. 
 Shamu taking a swim around the arena.  Yes that is a huge LED screen that had awesome pictures on it throughout the whole show.

 The four whales they have there.

 This whale got everyone wet in the splash zone.  Totally saw it coming.

 This was in the sea lion and otter stadium.  

 The sea lion "Star".

Yes that is a walrus and it's got to be the biggest walrus I have ever seen.  When he came out there was a gasp across the crowd.  

Of course we loved the penguin exhibit.

 I don't know where we are at?

 Sting Rays.  We actually were able to touch them.

The baby dolphins.  They have their own little cove where they keep the babies when they are born.  They were so cute and so tiny.

 Manatee

 Our friendly alligators.  I don't want to get thrown into that beach with them. 
We left Sea World around 3:00 and took the rental car back and they took us to the airport. This time though we decided we should get at least a sandwich to take with us on the plane. So we all got something to have for dinner. The ride home was alot quicker. We only had one stop in Denver instead of two like we had going there. We actually made it into Denver 40 minutes early. Unfortunately we had to wait the 40 minutes plus another 30 minutes for another connecting flight that was late. It was so frustrating. We just wanted to get home. So we got off the plane and walked around the airport for the hour we had to wait. Once we made it back to Boise, it was so nice to be back in Idaho where there was NO humidity. I was happy to not have my clothes sticking to me anymore. So that's our trip. It was a lot of fun. We had a really good time. We did tons of things but there are still lots of other things that we need to go back to see again. Someday we will get back there.

2 comments:

The Wuthrich Family said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Rita Peck said...

What a trip. Looks like lots of fun