Monday, January 21, 2013

Cameron

Some how we ended up getting a phone call today to ask us to take 3 foster kids.  We said no because we didn't have the room to transport them all in our vehicles.  They then called us back again and asked if we could take at least one.  Scott and I had talked about it and said we could take the littlest that was 16 months.  They said they would call back if they needed us to take one.  Well needless to say they called us back and said yes we need you to take him.  We were completely shocked. We didn't think they would actually split them up.  They ended up bringing him to us at Buffalo Wild Wings.  We couldn't believe it that they would actually track us down and not let us go home first.  The lady who brought him to us gave us a sack with a few diapers in it and a shirt.  That was it.  So he came to us in a pair of sleeper PJ's and a hat.  That was it.  We were completely shocked.  She gave us a voucher to go get a car seat and $50 dollars for clothing.  I totally freaked out at this point and called Linda who was Rachel's foster mom to ask advice.  We ended up at Burlington Coat Factory to get the car seat and some clothes.  We got a coat, some socks, and two outfits and that was it with the money we were given.  After that we headed home to give him a bath and then I rocked him to sleep.  He didn't look like he felt well at all.  Needless to say for the next four days we fought a fever with him.  When he spiked 104 again that's when I called his Dr. and we got him in.  He had an ear infection.  I couldn't believe it.  So we started him on antibiotics.  He is a very sweet little boy.  Rachel's not sure what to do about him.  People ask how she is doing with it and I just tell them it's minute by minute with her on it.  Here is our sweet little foster boy.

 Isn't he just a cutie.  So happy for the most part.

This was him so sick.  He just didn't feel well and slept a lot.  We had to give him multiple baths a day to get his fever to go down.  This time he just decided to cuddle into me and fall asleep.  I felt so bad for the little guy.

No comments: