Sunday, September 15, 2013

TOFW Logan

I headed to Logan with Kammi and we went to Time Out For Woman.  I ended up hooking up with Scott's sisters and his mother while Kammi hung out with her friends.  We spent the night at the Econolodge and it was a good thing it was just one night.  I wouldn't have wanted to stay there very many nights it wasn't that great of a hotel.  We ate at a cute little diner on main street.  Everyone's food looked so good and we all liked it.  The Friday night line up was awesome.  We got to hear Hudson Lights, Sheri Dew, and Terryl and Fiona Givens.  Hudson Lights rocked and was so fun to hear in person.  Sheri Dew talked to us about the new verses of the Sisters in Zion song that Janice Kapp Perry penned and then went over to the piano and played for us all to sing the new verses about sister missionary work.  She is an amazing piano player also.  The Givens are so well versed in the gospel I was blown away. I thought it would be fun to be at dinner at their house but also pretty intimidating because they are so knowledgeable.  After Friday night's meeting we went out to Walmart to shop but then ended up getting some more food because we were hungry.  Our dinner had worn off.
 Jamie and I like self portraits.  Turned out pretty good.
Our group picture with our bags.
Saturday we got there a little bit early and almost ended up sitting in the same seats.  We had a great morning session.  We of course had Hilary Weeks as our musical performer.  She was awesome and we got to hear lots of her new songs from her last two albums.  One of the songs was her dancing in the rain song.  Here is what happened during that song:
Umbrella's opened up all over the place.  It was awesome.
The rest of the presenters were Mary Ellen Edmunds(totally hilarious), Sandra Turley(talked about infertility and adoption), Jennifer Brinkerhoff Platt (a seminary teacher), Kris Belcher(always funny when she talks to us), and Brad Wilcox.  I ended up seeing my friends the Axford sisters and talked with them for a little bit.  After the Saturday session I hooked back up with Kammi and we hung out with her friends all night.  We spent the night on the couch at her friends house and then the next day after just hung out for awhile talking we finally headed for home.  We got home around 5:00 Sunday night.  It was a really fun weekend and very spiritually uplifting.  So glad I had the opportunity to go.

No comments: