Scott and I were put in charge of the ward BBQ this year. We had a committee of five people but for the most part it was just me and Scott doing stuff. I used the leftover food from the Calico Picnic to help get the food cheaper. I was only given $150 dollars to feed 250 people. I didn't think I could do it but the committee decided to do hamburgers and hot dogs instead of sub sandwiches. I was also able to get the hamburger buns donated from Franz Bakery. We had it at Storey Park in Meridian. The bishopric said the committee can decide what to do but yet they wanted to put their hands into everything. I was about to tell them they could just do it themselves but eventually they gave in and I was able to get things done. We ended up having two BBQ grills there and had the food cooking 20 minutes before it was time to start. We would have started on time but there wasn't any bishopric members there. After 15 minutes we just had the Elder's Quorum President get it started for us. We were able to get 250 people fed in 30 minutes. We did an awesome job. I was glad with how it all turned out. I ended up getting to play some volleyball and we had the kids do gunny sack races. Scott got these pictures of Rachel.

Getting ready
Someone has figured out how to hop in these things.
It was an awesome success. Hopefully they won't ask us to do it again. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment