Kids doing it first. Poor Rachel and U'ilani were the first ones out almost every round. They never had a chance.
Rachel getting the going around in a circle. Her problem was she had to climb up onto the chairs instead of fall like everyone else.
Still in for another round.
We did a round with just Rachel, Trenton and U'ilani and this was the last song. Rachel tried her might to push him off but his mom had to help him off the chair so Rachel could win. She was so excited.
This was called reversed musical chairs. There was only one chair and they all had to fit on it. So funny watching them try to get everyone on it.
It was then the adults turn to try. We had to pull out all the wooden chairs so that they would take the weight of all of us. I about died when my mom got into the circle with us. I said are you really going to do this. She was like yeah sure. So the music went and we all started going around and when it stopped my mom just walked herself right into the kitchen. Oh we laughed so hard about it. She said, "I'm not stupid I just wanted to see what you all would say." Oh we had lots to say that's for sure. As it got down to Paul, Damian and myself I thought for sure that I could take them but I was wrong. One good hip bump and I was flung across the room.
Some of the other games were: you had to tell 2 truths and 1 lie then the group had to pick out the lie. Our favorite game though that we played over and over even into another hour was where you put your name in the bowl and then you draw a name out of the bowl and then it was boys against girls and you had to try to get four players on your team up to the front four chairs. By the time we got to round 3 it was hard to remember what everyone's name was because you were calling them by the name they were in the last game. It was fun fun fun though and even Scott thought it was going to be boring but got really into it. The night was just a lot of fun. At one point though Rachel and U'ilani were nowhere to be found. I went in search for them and they were in one of the bedrooms playing butt naked. We were like what are you doing? They said playing like it was no big deal. Needless to say we got them dressed and told them to keep their clothes on.
Family Picture
Rachel with her sparkling grape juice
Couples picture
Ashley and her friend getting ready to pop the balloon for the New Year!
Let the celebrating begin.
Silly string war along with the noise makers.
Scott drinking his juice
Rachel and myself.
And this is what the messed looked like afterwards.
We helped clean up the food and then headed to the hotel. We shared a room with mom and dad so that we had a place to stay. Rachel wasn't happy to not be sleeping next to me but we put my dad in the recliner so my mom and I slept in one bed and Rachel and Scott slept in the other. Rachel wouldn't go to sleep. She of course took a nap on the way to the hotel so she was ready to go for round two. Finally around 2:30 she fell asleep. We got up the next day and went down for breakfast. It was a pretty good breakfast. Rachel and I then headed to the pool while my dad went to the hot tub to heat his shoulder. We stayed in for about an hour and then went back to the room to get cleaned up, check out and head back to Paul's. We decided to eat lunch there since there was so much food still leftover. After visiting some more we finally headed home. It was a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment