Saturday, December 25, 2010

1st Christmas with Rachel - 2010

Christmas morning Rachel actually let us sleep in until 7:30. We were pretty excited. I think we all had sleep deprivation since most of our nights in Southeast Idaho someone wasn't feeling well and so we were up most nights. We let her walk out to the front living room and the first thing she spotted was the sled. So she grabbed the sled and sat in it. She was pretty much done with Christmas at that point. We gave her rides around the house and she was just in heaven with it.
Okay I'm ready for my ride.

Why are you taking a picture of me?

Yeah this is cool.

I don't know what she was thinking in this picture but I had to laugh when I saw it.

I'm trying to get her to open up her other Santa present. She did get a few strips of the wrapping off of it.

As you can see we couldn't get her out of the sled to unwrap any more presents so we let her sit in the sled and try to unwrap her presents.

Here is one tear of the paper.

Sweet wrapping paper. This is a great gift. Who needs real gifts? She played with the wrapping paper until I took it away and talked her into pulling some more off.

She has started to make the funniest faces with her tongue. It's so cute.

Cheese!!!!


Finally we got into the Santa present. She got a Fisher Price incrediblock. It came with 16 peek a boo blocks and Santa really had a hard time finding these for her but he came up with it. We were all excited because she had this at her foster home and she loves playing with the blocks. She can stack 6 blocks and sometimes 7 before they fall over.
Playing with the peek a boo blocks. Yes she was still sitting in the sled while she played with them.

Look at me I'm stacking them in my sled.

Check out her haul of presents. She got a 35 keyboard piano, 2 mega block sets, a playhouse, a riding horse, 2 teddy bears, Elmo slippers, more PJ's, jewelry set, leap frog alphabet, blanket, magna-doodle, a safari lamp, 2 books about Jesus, and a Choose the Right plaque. We loved having Christmas with Rachel. She was so much fun and has brought so much joy to our household. We laugh at all her silly faces and she is learning so much so quickly.
This was the rocking horse that her foster family gave to her. She loves riding on it and is so cute. It actually talks to her and neigh's at her. She's had fun with it. During the Christmas break Rachel was able to spent lots of time with her cousins and has gotten to know them better. She goes around our house saying Grandpa Pooh, Uncle Ty Ty and Kylee. It's just so funny to hear her and know that she really knows them.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

wow that girl made bank for christmas :) she is so cute! kids make christmas fun, huh?

Susan and Scott said...

Chelsey that's for sure. We had a blast and yes she made bank. How is life with you? I hear you back in Boise.

durenfamily said...

So cute and so much fun