So on July 9th in the Boise Idaho Temple, we were able to have Rachel sealed to us. It happened to be the last day the Boise Temple would be open because they are closing it down for remodeling. It was a very emotional day for me. I was so excited about it but totally worried about how Rachel would react in the temple. There ended up being nothing to worry about. She was on her best behavior. We got there at 10:30 and took Rachel to the daycare center. At first she was scared but they asked her if she liked dolly's and away she went to find the toys. Scott and I then met with the Temple workers and they sent us off to change. We then waited in the celestial room. We had about a forty minute wait until we went into the sealing room. So I was able to do alot of people watching. I eventually had to stop watching a family that had done a session because as I could overhear their conversations and watched their emotions I was able to figure out that they had just lost their mother and were their to support their father on his first trip back to the temple without his wife. I was crying right along with them which didn't help since I was already struggling to keep my joy and excitement under control. When we got moved to the sealing room I was so happy to see everyone there to support us. Our sealer talked to us and I just lost it because it was a realization that we were going to be a forever family and it had been a hard road but we finally were able to have children in our home that would be with us forever. (Yes I did the ugly cry as Oprah would say). They brought Rachel in and as soon as she saw me she said, Look Mom pretty dress(referring to her white dress she had on). It was just so cute. She actually did really awesome sitting there and behaving. The funniest part was when she saw Scott's sister Jamie she got really excited and said, "Hey there's Jamie." Afterwards we were able to do some pictures outside. We have figured out that if you let Rachel do it where ever she wants to we get better pictures because then she isn't screaming or crying in them.

Coming out of the temple right after the sealing. We didn't know we were going to be able to do pictures so I happened to wear my comfortable(or as I call it my fat dress). I wish I had brought both my dresses so I could have changed and looked a little nicer. Everyone says who cares so that's what I'm trying to tell myself.
Yes we are the Proud parents.
Isn't she so cute. She was so happy that day.
Family Photo
Rachel loved smelling the flowers as we were trying to get pictures.
Walking to the water fountain.
See what I mean. More pretty flowers to smell.
Almost everyone who came. Kammi ran to our house to help get the luncheon prepared. Our Bishop was also there at the temple with us but isn't in the picture.
I just love this picture of her. She lookes so cute and so happy.
So after we got change we all headed to our house for Rachel's blessing and the luncheon. Rachel though as we were driving out of the temple parking lot said to Scott and me, "Whew we made it." Scott and I just laughed and said to her, "Yes we did."
It was so awesome to have our family and friends there to support us on our special day. We love them all for traveling and coming to see us. Rachel is a very special daughter and everyone who meets her just falls in love with her. I'm so happy that we get to call her our daughter for eternity.
3 comments:
what a sweet day!!! i love the pictures and i love your comfy dress :)
Susan and Scott, congratulations. What a special day. Rachel is so blessed to have you as parents. Wish we could have been there to support you. Please know we love you and are soooooo happy for you. You are now and forever a forevr family. Love looking at your blog. congrtulations again.
How awesome! So happy for you! You have such a sweet family!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment