Sunday, September 11, 2011

Grandma Hobbs' 90th Birthday Party

So August 13 2011 was my Grandma Revola Hobbs' 90th birthday party.  We headed from Garden Valley Utah to Preston for it.  We got there right at 2:00 when it was starting. We saw lots of people who had gone to the Jaussi family reunion earlier that day.  We all got together at my Grandma's church for the two hour reception.  It was good getting to see my brother's and their families plus my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  There were a lot of us there.  I didn't get many pictures but here are some of them. 

 My grandma Hobbs and my Aunt Carolyn. They were deciding on how to set up the reception line for people to stop and talk with my grandma.

 This is Derek's Daughter Tristanne.  She was being shy the whole time around me.

 Brianna (Derek's Oldest Daughter)

 Rachel wanted her picture taken also while I was taking pictures.

 Ah cousin love.  Rachel loved giving Madylanne loves. (Derek's youngest daughter).  She is 6 months younger than Rachel but almost the same size.  It's pretty funny.

 Paul talking with Grandma.

 Swing me Daddy.  Yes one of the many new things that Rachel loves to do.  Of course she loves to say do it again. 
 Looks like a pretty intent conversation.

 The gym decorated for the party.  My aunt Maxine in the far yellow shirt, My aunt Christine in the yellow shirt next to Maxine.  Then there is my cousins Heather(pink shirt), Laura(yellow shirt), Cheryl (purple shirt).  It was lots of fun to see so many of my cousins because I don't get to see them very much living in Boise.

 Kaylene, Paul, and my mom.

(Dennis, Susan, Rachel, Revola)
 Four Generations.  Yes we finally got one with Rachel not crying.  I was so happy.

The dessert.  It was pretty good.  Rachel thought the Hershey kiss was going to be chocolate but it was white chocolate with peppermint pieces in it.  She turned to Scott with this really weird look and said I want chocolate.  When Scott gave her the Hershey kiss she gave it back and said, "No I want chocolate."  I tell you she knoww what she wants.

No comments: