Thursday, September 1, 2011

Schaffer Family Reunion 2011


So the week right after the wedding festivities we had Scott's family reunion.  This is always held at Scott's Grani's house and it's just always so much fun.  They do family pictures, eat, play games, a silent auction and just catch up with everyone.  Rachel of course the first thing she did was go straight to the fish pond in the back yard.

 Checking out the fish pond.

Getting a little bit closer.

How close can I get before I get in trouble?

I've gotten even closer I can almost feel it. 
(I love this picture it's got to be one of my favorite of the day.)
 
 Sweet I'm touching it but at least dad's not pulling me away.

 I get to be like the big kids and put my feet in the water. 
If you can't tell Rachel's pants are wet.  Yep Bop had to go over and take her out of the pond because she slid right on in while she was sitting there with the kids.  She then started splashing the other kids which they weren't to happy about and I don't blame them.  We actually pulled her out of the pond three times.  I had to get the mean mommy look to get her to stay out of it finally.

 I look pretty cool.  
We all grabbed for our camera's on this shot because it was just so cute.  Just Chillaxin.

So after everyone was done eating the kids got to do the fish pond.  This was Rachel's first time and let me just say she doesn't know how to share.  She was the first one up because she was the youngest but when it came time to hand over the fishing pole she wouldn't do it and threw a royal fit.  Needless to say she had to go into the house until Scott could get her calmed down.

 Rachel's First time Fishing!!!!

What did I get Daddy????

 I got bubbles yeah.  She also got some googly eyes, poppers, necklaces, sunglasses, a monkey, and a cowgirl hat.


The Cowgirl. :-)
After everyone got to play with their toys for awhile Grani then had a pinata for all the kids to hit at.  Rachel being the youngest was first again.  Here is her trying to hit the pinata.  Actually hit it a couple of times not to shabby for the 1st time ever.

 Trying to hit it.

Hitting it right in the middle.  Good job Rachel.

It's tradition to get family pictures.  Since we have learned that Rachel doesn't like to have pictures staged we tried really hard to just get pictures when she was ready for them.  So our family picture is different then everyone else's because yep you guessed it she didn't want to get away from the pond when it was picture time.  So here's our family reunion picture.



We also got a picture of Scott's immediate family.  Tyson and Tia are missing because Tyson had to work.

Back row: Wayne(aka Rambo), Amber, Jamie, Carlee, Keith, Scott
Middle Row: Bryson, Aubree, Tracy, Brad, Susan, Rachel
Front Row: Kylee, Alexis, Colby, Hallee

We usually get a picture of everyone who shows up but the group is getting so big there just isn't a spot big enough to get us all.  Lots of people there this year that I hadn't seen for awhile.  It was really fun to let everyone really get to spend time with Rachel also.  She loves it.

Just Random cute pictures we got of Rachel:

 Kisses.  This is rare but grandma got one.

 Cheese.  Can you actually catch me smiling?  Yep Aunt Jamie can with her cool camera.

 Talking with her great-Grani.

 Kisses for Daddy.  He had worked all night so she hadn't gotten to spend much time with him.  She is totally a daddy's little girl.

 What mischief can I get into now????

 Hanging by one of the flower beds.

Flowers.  Yeah I love flowers.  Rachel is always smelling the flowers whenever she sees some.  It's cute.  Thanks Kammi for giving her a green thumb.

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

cute cute pictures! looks like you had a great time!