Monday, September 19, 2011

New Car

So the last few months we have had to put money into Scott's car to keep it going and I was getting so frustrated about it because I knew we could buy a used "new" car that wouldn't nickel and dime us to death.  So we went out several times car shopping with Rachel and all I can say is that is like a slow death with little kids.  She wasn't very patient at all during this so I started to do research online.  I found 3 cars that I thought I would like at Dennis Dillon so that night we went to go look at them.  I really wanted to get a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry.  That had both on their lot.  We looked at two of the three I had printed off to look at.  Well the Toyota Camry was just turned in and so it was still going through the inspection and body shop.  We told them we would come back tomorrow to look at it.  I happened to see that there was a Hertz Car Sales across the street and they had a Camry on their lot also.  They were already closed and so the next day I called them to find out the information on the car.  It was a 2001 Toyota Camry that was just turned in by a little old lady.  It had 140,000 miles on it but everyone tells us that's okay.  Scott had this day off so I got us a babysitter and Scott and I went to test drive cars again.  We went to Hertz first and drove the 2001 Camry.  It was really nice and very well taken care of.  We drove it and liked it.  We told the Salesman we had one more car to drive.  So we went across the street to Dennis Dillon and the Salesman there said the car was still at the body shop and locked behind the fence and he meant to get it out before it got locked up but didn't get to it.  That made Scott and I ticked off.  So we were able to look at the exterior and the interior through the window.  Scott and I left there and went to talk about the pros and cons of each car.  It finally came down to Scott didn't like the color of the other car and we could pay cash for this car.  So we went back to Hertz and bought this Toyota Camry.  We LOVE LOVE LOVE it.




So these are the pictures.  I told Scott I always look down and I'm never driving the speed limit because it feels like you are going faster than the speedometer says.  Its very interesting. So we love it.  Yeah for a new car for me till at least Scott get's out of school or we get his truck paid off and then I really get to get a new car.  :-)

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

congrats on the "new" car.