I'm not ready to come out of my shell yet I want to be shy and cling to someone.
This is my friend Kristin.
She finally warmed up and decided to go sit by these people instead of me and Kristin. She was so cute and just loved watching Meridian and the other dancers. Meridian was talking to that side of the room and so Rachel had a better view from over there so we just let her be.
These were the three dancers. Meridian is in the orange skirt.
Rachel ended up taking all the scarfs that the dancers used for the 1st dance and was using them the rest of the night.
One of the funny looks while holding all the scarfs.
Dancing with Meridian out on the dance floor.
She loves trying to do what Meridian was doing. She was Meridian's little shadow all night long. It was pretty cute. There were a few times though that she was so close I thought Meridian was going to knock her over or end up getting her with her arm movements. Meridian was great at missing her so I'm guessing she's done this a few times with little kids that don't sit down and watch. :-)
Rachel was intent on seeing this one up close and personal. I thought that Rachel should get away but Meridian told everyone that part of the dance was the elders giving their knowledge to the younger generation. So after that I didn't worry so much about her being right there with Meridian.
Finally getting to get close to the drums. We tried to keep her away but when one of the drummers said it was okay there wouldn't be a problem with her drumming on it we let her have free rain at drumming them.
Drumming on the drum. She loved the sound of the drums
Here is one of the video's of her starting to dance around with the last little bit just the
dancers and their African dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment