Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Well it was a pretty normal day.  Cameron went off to Daycare but they had a PJ party.  I got him a new pair of Elmo pajamas just for it.  He didn't want to go and that totally sucked having the worker practically pry him from me.  They had a valentines party there also so the kids got totally hyped up on sugar.  Rachel and myself ended up at clinic.  She had a rough day at clinic.  It started out okay but by the end I had to put her in the car and let her do her exercises to try and calm her down.  Eventually I sent a text to Scott and told him to pick her up on his way home from clinicals.  She didn't go to bed early last night and so she was tired and really grumpy.  No more staying up till 10 o'clock anymore.  We got home and my friend Shanda Jackson showed up to give the kids a valentine's.  I was shocked she did that but it was really nice.
She got them each a little hat and Cameron's actually came with gloves.
We then had our dinner.  I was going to actually try and do a really nice dinner with decorations but with the time crunch we were under I wasn't going to be able to do it.  (I had my first City Volleyball game tonight and had to leave at 7:45) It doesn't help either that when Cameron comes home from day care he is starving and wants to eat.  After dinner we let them open their presents.  Grandma Tracy and Grandpa Pooh sent hearts with chocolate in them.
Seeing their chocolate and wanting to open them of course.  I had to cut off the candy from them both.
We then opened the presents that Papa and Memaw brought over yesterday.
 Cameron opening his.

Rachel's got her's open also.
Next they opened up the gifts we gave them.  Yes they ended up with gifts because when we went through all the stuff I had bought for Rachel over the last year we had so much we needed to spread it out over all the holidays and so she got gifts on Valentine's Day also. 
 Going through her bag.

Cameron didn't really care what was in his bag.  He just wanted to carry around his basket and his bag instead.
 Cameron's Loot

Rachel's Loot

Of course Rachel and I decided to get Scott something for Valentine's also.  I had to laugh when Scott said to me last night, "You didn't buy me a Valentine's did you?"  I just told him maybe and he was like does that mean I need to go get you something.  I was like no and went to get our present for him.
This is an Angry Bird sugar cookie.  Rachel wanted to get the Spongebob square pants and I was able to talk her out of it since Scott's not into Spongebob.  I just have to say this was the softest melt in your mouth sugar cookie I've ever had.  Oh it was so good.  We split it as our Valentine's gift together.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that little boy is SO cute, susan! i hope it is going well for you guys! and rachel is just darling! xo

Rita Peck said...

so fun.