Saturday, March 23, 2013

Aquarium

Jamie and her family came to our house for their spring break weekend.  Rachel loved having them here and had so much fun with her cousins.  We decided on Saturday that we would go to the aquarium.  I had never taken Rachel there so I thought it would be good.  I should have known that with all that water she wanted to spend most of her time there trying to touch everything.  She isn't afraid of anything.  Here are just a few of the pictures we got while there.

 Petting the lizard.  He was bumpy.

 She didn't want to leave this fish tank.  It was the first one as you walk in.  I was afraid she would totally fall in.  She loved being able to touch so many things.

 Everyone looking at the Nemo fishes.

 Touching the starfishes.

 We got to talk to a mermaid and have our picture taken with her.


 Touching the sting rays.  They were slimy.

 Rachel totally went over and touched this snake and even grabbed him.  The guy kept telling Rachel not to get so close to the snakes head but she kept grabbing him right at the base of his head.  I kept trying to grab for her but of course I'm afraid of snakes also.  So I would try to grab but the snake was right there.  At one point she walked right under the snakes head and his tongue touched her hair.  I just about died at that point.
Once I finally got her I got away from that snake ASAP.

 I love this picture of Keith. It's awesome.  

 Rachel and Hallee

Here's another tank of creatures that Rachel was able to touch.  She almost got into this one but Uncle Keith pulled her to safety.

No comments: