Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hot Air Balloon Festival - Boise ID

September 3rd 2011 I got Scott to get up early with me to head down to Ann Morrison Park so that we could let Rachel see the hot air balloon's lift off.  Rachel thought it was really cool.  It was a good thing it only took about 30 minutes to get all of them off the ground because that was about as much sitting in a stroller Rachel was going to do.  She was in her PJ's and it was a little bit cold so we stayed only until all lifted off and then we went to get breakfast as a family.  Here are the pictures we took of the morning lift off.

Walking towards Ann Morrison Park at 7:30 in the morning.


Susan & Rachel at the Hot Air Balloon Festival, Boise ID 9/3/2011
 Scott & Rachel at the Hot Air Balloon Festival, Boise ID 9/3/2011

 Lots of balloon's getting filled up and lifting off.

We have lift off!
 Lift offs were so fun to watch.

Trying to take our own picture.
 Of course there is a BSU balloon there.  They played today Georgia so there was lots of excitement when this balloon lifted off the ground.  P.S.  They beat Georgia 35-21.

 A Rocket balloon.  Pretty cool looking.

 This was the balloon we were closest to as we watched all of them lift off.

 Some up in the air.

 
Idaho Lottery Balloon


 A look at the sky with lots of them up there in the air.

 USA Balloon
 Yep had to get a picture of the Coca-Cola balloon.

Coca-Cola balloon lifting off.

 At the end with all the balloons off the ground.  It was pretty cool to see that many up there.  Would love to go up in one but I'm also a little bit scared I might freak out.  I'm not really to big on heights so it might be a little bit scary.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

I went to the festival years ago and it was so fun. I should bring my family to it one of these years