Okay so on Sunday December 11th I took Rachel to her bedroom to get ready for bed. After we rocked she got off my lap and said I climb into bed. I was interested to see how she would do this. We had dropped the side of the crib down a couple of weeks earlier because we knew she was climbing out of bed and we didn't want it to be such a big drop. I had no idea that she was actually climbing into bed because I had never seen it. So as I watched how she climbed into bed I thought she is going to sprain an ankle because she would wrap it around the bar and then get it out before she flopped her body over the railing. (I really wished I had gotten a video of this because it was so cute.) Well on Monday I went to work and it was her nap time and Scott put her down. He heard a commotion in her room and went to investigate when she started crying like she was hurt. When he got in her room she was holding her ankle and crying that it hurt. So he said that's it and he converted her bed into a big girl bed.
This is her Big Girl Bed.
She was so excited to tell everyone she has a big girl bed.
As I looked to see how the bed was converted I told Scott, "She's going to roll right off that bed." She's a wild sleeper. I thought it would be a good idea to put a little bean bag next to her bed to catch her. Well it would have been a better idea to actually tuck it under the bed instead of just setting it next to the bed. At 12:30 Monday(12th) night we heard her cry and then it turned into the screaming hysterically. Scott beat me into the room and she had rolled right off the bed onto the edge of the bean bag that moved and then she rolled right under the bed. She was pretty freaked out being under the bed. Scott was trying to help her out from under the bed when she went to sit up and of course bonked her head on the bottom of the bed. We got her comforted and back into bed. Two more times during the night we actually went back in and put her back into the center of the bed. So we decided to try something different. :-)

That's right. We had a rail given to us by a friend and we are using it. She can still climb in and out of bed so she's happy and we are happy that it's a little bit harder for her to fall out of bed. No more falling off the bed and then being rolled under her bed.
2 comments:
my boys rolled off their beds for about a day or 2. then they figured it out. i would have freaked out to to find myself under the bed!
Kylee did the same thing when we put her in her toddler bed. We put her in a twin size bed instead and she never had a problem after that. She just needed more space. It's amazing the things you come up with as a parent! Looks like the rail works great! (and means more sleep for mom and dad!! YEAH!!)
Post a Comment