Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dying Easter Eggs 2012

So I almost forgot about having to dye eggs.  So I hurried to cook some eggs and then after Scott went to work Rachel and I worked on dying the eggs.  She's not into it very much.  I think I could have forgotten about it and she would have been fine. I gave her the crayon to color on the eggs but because you couldn't see where it was actually putting anything she didn't think it was working.  We ended up just putting them in the color and then putting stickers on them.  I did try the shrinking pieces of paper onto the egg and realized after I dipped them in the boiling water it takes the dye off the egg.  So not very successful at this whole dying Easter eggs but we attempted it.

 Using the "magic crayon" to write on the eggs.  She didn't like this because it didn't look like it was doing anything and so she got frustrated.

 So on to the stickers.  Something you can actually see.

 My Heart egg that I made with the "magic crayon".  

 All our eggs that we colored.

 I ended up putting the wraps on these eggs.  This is the first time I've ever done them.  They were cool. Even though it took the dye color off my eggs.  :-(

 Yes you better believe it I made a sports egg.  he he he

This is our dozen of eggs.  Turned out okay and was fun to do just before Rachel had to go to bed.  She did end up cracking several of them just by putting them on the counter.  She didn't understand that she had to be "soft" with them.

No comments: