Scott was able to fix his schedule so that we could go down to Lindon to the Funeral. The funeral was great with her sisters both talking and a grandson. Afterwards we headed to the cemetery in Lindon where she will rest. It turned out to be a nice day with no rain or snow. In attendance from my extended family was Uncle Larry, Uncle Stan and Aunt Linda, my cousins Dana, Kristy, and Scott. I was sad to not see more of us there but that's what happens when we are so far apart.
Here are a few things about my Aunt. She made the mints for my wedding even though she was having health issues at the time. I got to spend some summers with her hanging out. We got to shop and she always had the best sugar cereal. (We always had rice puffs and wheat puffs growing up, so to get the sugar cereal at her house was a complete treat). We played with her neighbor kids because she was like a mom to them they were always at her house. She was a very patient person.
I have to say that I am extremely grateful to know that there is life after death. I'm grateful to know that families can be together again. I love knowing that I will be able to see my Aunt again. Though she may be gone its not sad because she is out of pain and I will be with her on the other side. Rest in Peace Averil until we meet again. I love you!
OBITUARY
Averil Ann Henson Sidwell
Averil Ann Henson Sidwell, 71, of Lindon passed away Sunday, November 11, 2012. Averil was born March 16, 1941 in Jerome, Idaho at her family home to Don and Myrtle Henson. She married Eugene Sidwell on November 23, 1960 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
Averil grew up in Jerome, Idaho and graduated from Jerome High School in 1959. She enjoyed quilting, embroidery, working in her rose garden and collecting porcelain dolls. Averil was a devoted member of the LDS Church and especially enjoyed working in the Young Women’s Program.
She
is survived by her husband Gene of Lindon; four children: Teresia
Byars; Tammi (Mike) Short; Mark Sidwell and Michael (Joy) Sidwell; eight
grandchildren and two great grandchildren; three siblings: Darrell
(MarJean) Henson; Pat (Red) Gregson; Beverly (Jim) Glodowski.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 2:00 pm in the Lindon 18th Ward Chapel, 250 West 600 South, Lindon (1025 West 1600 North, Orem). Family
and friends may attend a viewing Wednesday evening from 6-8 pm at the
Sidwell Family Home, 61 South 450 West, Lindon and at the church on
Thursday one hour prior to services. Interment will be in the Lindon City Cemetery.
|
1 comment:
I appreciated your comments on how great a reunion it must have been on the other side. What an amazing blessing it is to know that death isn't "it". That we can be with our families FOREVER!
Post a Comment