Friday, November 16, 2012

Crafts

Every week at Preschool Rachel gets to do crafts.  I'm so happy she gets to do this since I am not a crafty person at all.  This week she learned the letter "I" and they made the following craft.

Hannah told me that Rachel did this all by herself without any help from her.  I am totally impressed.  We came home and today she asked to do some cutting and gluing.  So I pulled out the scissors, the glue and pulled out all the junk mail that we had gotten the last couple of days that was in the recycle box.  This is her having some fun creating and playing with the glue.

 A little bit of chaos.

 Cutting with her left hand.  I laugh at how she cuts.  It doesn't seem to bother her though so I just let her keep on going.

 A better picture of the scissors.  So intent on cutting.

 She loves to squeeze glue.

 Putting her piece with glue on her creation.  

What her work station looked like when she was finished.  She especially loved filling the macaroni with glue.  I also taught her that glue will dry on your hand and you don't have to wipe it right off.  She has a little bit of her dad in her in she doesn't like sticky stuff.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

good for her! what a smart girl!! p.s. i absolutely adore her beatiful hair!!!

Shari Baker said...

After hanging out with you guys for photos, I am SHOCKED that Rachel will sit long enough to do an art project. Nicely done!