Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

So I ended up babysitting Morgan while Kammi worked and I had wanted to try to make some mummies like I had seen on the internet.  I felt like the cool mom doing something for Halloween that was fun.  These actually turned out better than I had expected.
Mummies

Rachel ended up having Preschool on Halloween and they got to dress up for Preschool.  Rachel was pretty excited about it. Here is Rachel at school in her Halloween costume.
Monkey and grinning so big.   She loves her costume.

Here is all the kids in her preschool class in their costumes.

Scott was actually off today and so he got to go trick or treating with us.  We stopped 1st at Stan and Linda Peterson's house so she could see them.  They let her pick out as many candy bars as she wanted.  She picked only a couple and so then Linda filled her up with several more handfuls. We then headed over to Scott's coworker Sally's house.  The following are pictures of her yard and the decorations.

 Scott and Rachel walking up to the door.

 Door opening.

 The pirate and the coffin.  Totally cool.

 Coming back out of the house.

Sally gave her a whole ziplock bag full of goodies.  She sat right down on the driveway and started to go through it to see what she wanted to have first.  She could have been done at this point but I talked her into going to other houses.  She decided to go across the street.

She was ready to go and Scott was a little apprehensive.  I was like come on it's Halloween.  After she went to this house we headed over to our neighborhood.  We were heading to Kammi's house when I saw they were on their street trick or treating.  So we parked and hooked up with them.

 At the house that totally goes all out with decorations.  

 Part of the group walking the neighborhood.

 Rachel was always the last one at each house we went too.  She was trying to figure out how to do this but by the time we hit 10 houses she was finished.  It was to hard and her bucket was too heavy.  We actually started to take candy out of it and stuff it in our pockets so it wouldn't be so heavy.

She had fun playing with the decorations at this ladies house.  The witch made noises and she kept moving so that it would cackle at her.  We ended up carrying her part of the time but when she started whining more than moving we just gave up and headed home.  We did stop by her preschool teachers house and then went home.  We ended up with a total of three kids at our door trick or treating.  Two of them were our neighbor Deidre's kids.  We did last a little bit longer this year but she still isn't into it very much.

1 comment:

Shari Baker said...

She makes a CUTE monkey! I love that she sat down on the driveway and went through the candy IMMEDIATELY. That's my kind of girl.