Today is the day. It is the day that the Boise Temple is being Re-Dedicated. I am so excited to be able to be a part of this. It's always awesome to go to dedications. President Monson, Elder Bednar, Elder Christensen, and Elder Walker. They had some songs by a choir of 16 voices and then they had the Assistant Matron speak(Sister Bellinton), her husband who is the 1st Counselor of the Temple Presidency and then President Monson's Secretary. She told us she had been his secretary for 47 years. He's been in for 49 years. How cool would it be to be his personal secretary? She talked about what great character traits he has. Of course all the talks were centered around the temple and the knowledge that the ordinances in the temple allow for us to be with our families in the next life. One thought I had when they were talking about being able to be parents to kids that had passed away already; I wondered how many kids I will have in the next life since we haven't been able to have them in this life. I know that I'm supposed to have sons and daughters so just how many are supposed to actually be in our family? I'm intrigued by this but will have to wait and see. :-)
President Monson wiggled his ears to a young man that was in attendance to tell him he saw a future missionary. It of course made us all laugh that he can actually wiggle his ears. He told about a story of a family in Tongan that had only been able to get four of their ten kids sealed to them. His daughter who was on the seminary council took it to the council and for a Christmas service project they came up with the money for that family to travel to New Zealand to have the rest of their family sealed together along with several other families. Now there is a temple in Tongan and several more in the area. Temples are coming closer to the saints and we shouldn't take it for granted. We need to visit often to do service for those who have gone before us. I can't tell you how much I have missed being able to go there to find peace and answers to my questions. I'm going to try so hard to go there this week. I know it will be a mad house with everyone trying to get in but I just feel like I really need to get there.
2 comments:
wasn't it wonderful!? so excited to have it open again!!! yay!!
I am also THRILLED to have it open again. I will need to buy a dress now that they aren't renting anymore, but can't wait to get there! I went to the 3 o'clock session, and it was great also.
Post a Comment