Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

We spent a few days in Montpelier for Christmas.  Scott had to be back for work on the 26th and so we were only in Montpelier for two days.  On Christmas Eve it snowed and Rachel was so excited to be able to go outside with Grandpa Pooh and play on the 4 wheeler plowing.
 Snow plowing and hanging out.

Before Christmas Eve dinner we ended up having some snacks out during the day.  These are some of the snacks that we snacked on.  We decided we like the Turkey summer sausage so much better than the regular summer sausage.
The next few pictures are of Rachel outside playing.  She was so excited to see snow but her cousins wouldn't go outside because it was cold and blowing she didn't care she was just happy to be in the snow for the 1st time this year.  After awhile though I decided to go out with her to have some fun in the snow.  We had a ball and as you can tell by her smile in most of these pictures she had so much fun also.
 Coming in from outside with mom.

 
 Snow I'm so excited.








 Coming in from outside.  She really didn't want to come in but she was so cold and couldn't stand how cold her face was any longer.  She was sad to come back in.





Yes she does loves snow and had so much fun.  I had taken her over to the park and she would slide down the slide into the snow and just start laughing.  She wanted to climb up the slide by herself but she would get stuck on the top rung and so then she would allow me to help her.  She is so independent which is fine so I just wait until she asks for help.  
Dinner was great and then we headed over to Jamie's house for a fun Family Home Evening.  We did songs and stories of the birth of Jesus.  The kids were pretty good about it.  
Afterwards we ended up having a surprise visit from....................
SANTA!!!!!
This was the 1st time that Rachel wouldn't sit on a Santa's lap.  Come to find out she didn't want to sit on his lap because she had peed her pants.  Yep I did just say that.  She's been having issues with that forever it feels like.  She we got a blurry picture of her on his lap but she was squeezing me so tight she wouldn't even look at the santa.  They got candy canes from him.  After that we headed out to look at the lights in Montpelier.  Needless to say they were pathetic.  I was very sad and disappointed there weren't more.
We got home and Rachel got to open her one present for the night.
 Yes she has figured out the opening of presents.  She's got it down and the wrapping comes off alot faster these days.

Checking out the PJ's.  She actually liked them because they have snowmen on them.
 
Grandma Tracy wanted to try them out to.  I think they are a little to short what do you think?  Ha Ha Ha.  We actually had a really good laugh at this because there was a better picture but I'm not allowed to show anyone.  Rachel took the PJ's off Grandma Tracy just as I snapped the picture.  It's a really funny picture. I do value my life so I'm not showing anyone just mentioning it so we remember how funny it was.  So the day was so much fun and we did lots of things while in Montpelier for Christmas Eve. 



No comments: