Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Rototiller

This year I'm trying to get our garden up and going.  I had to test our soil to see why the last time we planted a garden everything came out tasting like metal.  I took my findings to Zamzows and they told me that I would need to till sulfur into the ground.  So I have been waiting for a day that Scott would be off to do this.  I called around looking to find out how much it would cost to rent a rototiller and it was 75 bucks just for 3 hours.  After talking with Scott we decided that we would just go buy a rototiller because if we rented it four times that would pay for a new one.  We are going to have to till the sulfur in, water it down, wait a week and do it all over again in order to "sweeten" our soil.  So after doing some research on rototillers we decided on the Craftsman 208cc Front Tine Tiller. Scott got it put together today and started using it.  It worked so great and our garden spot is starting to come to shape.

 Rachel helping her dad put the rototiller together.

 She even has her own tools that she's using to help him put it together.  She likes helping.

 This is the 1st time tilling this year.  This beast digs so deep into the soil it brought up a ton of rocks.  We will be picking up rocks forever.

 Scott getting his work out for the day with the tiller. 

Cheese!!!  Yep he likes his new tool.  Works awesome and we are so happy to have it.  Will be a little bit easier to garden now.

No comments: