Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Success in the Toilet

Okay this post isn't for the faint of heart.  If you can't handle hearing about potty training don't keep reading.  We have been trying to get Rachel interested in actually using the potty since just before she turned 3.  I will catch her hiding while she is pooping and asking her if she wants to use the toilet and she will say "Go Away NO!"  So I go away.   Well after talking with Kristin about things we decided that maybe she needs to have someone her own age that already uses the potty to help her.  So Kristin talked with Rachel yesterday about the toilet and learning to use it with Rachel's friend Vivian(yes her friend from dance class).  I've also been telling her that as soon as we are out of diapers she's going to have to learn to poop and pee in the toilet.  I ask her everyday, "What happens with the diapers are gone."  She will tell me, "I have to poop and pee in the toilet."  I say, "That is right."  Tonight I was getting her ready for bed and she had a little bit of poop in her diaper and I said why didn't you use the toilet.  She of course just ignored me until I said, "Do you want to try and use the toilet?"  She jumped up and ran into the bathroom and put her Elmo toilet cover on the toilet.  I helped her get up on the toilet and gave her her Elmo book.  Usually that's about as far as it goes and she sits on there for about five minutes and then is like "Okay I'm done."  So I didn't think anything of it until she started to yell, "I pooped in the toilet."  I walked in there with my normal yeah whatever type of attitude.  She was so excited that I lifted her off the toilet and said okay let's look and to my utmost surprise.....Yes there was poop in the toilet.  Happy Happy Dance we did.  I was so excited and she was so excited.  I ran and got the stickers and we put them on her Elmo Chart.  It was so awesome.  I was definitely excited and am hoping that this helps her get kick started on potty training.

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

how exciting! that's HUGE!!! i can't wait til we are out of diapers over here. they are seriously the black hole to our finances! :(