Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Vegas Day 3

Today was the day Scott got a phone call from Connie at Corizon asking him when he wanted to start orientation.  He was completely dumbfounded as to what she was talking about because we hadn't heard back from anyone.  Listening to the conversation I was hoping that Scott would ask her if he had a job but he was caught so off guard he didn't know what to do.  So when he told her he was at his Nurse Practitioner Conference she just told him to call her next week.

That morning we got ready to go for the day.  We decided we needed to get to a real Wal-Mart to buy a present for Peyton.  Rachel was invited to Peyton's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  Rachel was so excited.  I wasn't to excited about having to find my way in traffic but thought why not, Scott's going to be in meetings until 8:00 at night so we might as well go do something.  We found the Wal-Mart bought a few supplies and then also got a present.  We then decided to eat at Weinerschnitzel since none of us had ever eaten there.  We should have just walked right back out because all they had were hamburgers with chili on them and hot dogs with chili on them.  It was very interesting.  I do know though that we never need to eat there again.  Wasn't my favorite place to eat.  We took Scott to his conference.

Scott outside his 1st meeting of the Conference.  He was pretty excited but the security officer wasn't happy I was parked in a parking spot.  I had to tell him we were just getting a picture and then I was leaving.  Rachel and I went back to our condo and went swimming.  We are going to use the pool everyday we can.  We swam for about an hour and a half and then Rachel went to the tub in our room and stayed in there for another hour.  She loves the water.  We then headed out to the party for Petyton. I was impressed that I was in traffic and there were several wrecks the way I was going but the freeway kept on moving.  I made it to the restaurant right on time.  This was our first party at Chuck E Cheese so I wasn't sure what to expect but it was actually really fun. With all of Rachel's tokens she just wanted to ride on all the rides.  She had no desire to play any of the games.  So these next pictures are of her riding the rides.

 I lost count how many times she rode this horse but it was a bunch.





 This is the worker who was helping during the party.  They got pizza, cups full of soda, tokens and tickets tickets tickets.   They were able to do a pinata and the cake.
 Here is Chuck E hanging out playing with us.  The kids were dancing and having a really fun time.

 Watching him dance.

The birthday girl with her friends that came to the party.  It was lots of fun.  Rachel talked about Peyton the whole time we were in Vegas.  If she could have played with her everyday she would have.  We had to go pick Scott up from his meetings.  We decided since it was close to the time the fountains would go off at the Bellagio we should go there because we were right there. 
 The Bellagio Hotel

 Waiting with Daddy for the fountains to start.

We never made it over to the Pairs hotel but it was cool to see the Eiffel Tower lite up at night.  After the fountains  we then drove down the strip.  It was fun to see everything and ended up eating at Chili's tonight before heading back to our condo.

No comments: