Sunday, August 5, 2012

Rachel's 1st overnighter

We decided that since Scott had to go back to work on Monday after the family reunion it would be a good idea to send Rachel down to Jamie's house for a few days so that I would have more time to recuperate from my surgery.  So after the reunion was over we got everything gathered up and gave Rachel's things to Jamie.  Rachel was in Jamie's car and I thought I better give her one last kiss good bye.  She was pretty lethargic at this point since she had played all day long.  She was excited to be on her way and so we said good bye and I turned to look at Scott since I was having a hard time not crying.  You could tell by his stoic look he was trying as hard as he could to hold in his emotion also.  I ended up losing it as I looked at him and his mother.  I cried on her shoulder and then I was good.  I knew Rachel was in safe and loving hands and would have so much fun with her Aunt, Uncle and cousins.  It was definitely a hard few days without her making us laugh and having her little spirit in our home.   What was wonderful though is modern technology where I was able to Skype with her everyday and tell her how much I loved her.  She had a wonderful time in Montpelier.  I'll blog about her week in the next post.

No comments: