Saturday, August 4, 2012
Wendy's Odd Encounter
So we were on our way to stay the night in Pocatello so that we wouldn't have to get up early to go to Scott's family reunion. We stopped in Jerome for some dinner at Wendy's. Scott had said he didn't want to go there but drove up to that restaurant anyways. Rachel had a complete come apart when we took her out of the car to get something to eat. We had to take time to get her calmed down. The only thing that would calm her down was if I would cuddle with her. So we had headed back into the restaurant and I had turned to Scott to tell him what I wanted for dinner and Rachel had walked across the restaurant to play at this rock structure. I was heading over to get her when I heard this lady say, "Hey I know that little girl!" I was startled and was trying to get Rachel to where we were sittting when the lady asked me if I had adopted her. I said yes a little apprehensively but that started us into a long conversation about Rachel. She was actually the friend of the family who took Rachel out of the foster home and couldn't get the confirmation that Rachel was supposed to be in their home. I am so grateful that she was able to do what was the hardest thing she could have ever done by bring Rachel back. This lady had spent time in Stan & Linda's home and at her friends house with her daughter playing with Rachel. This lady also told me that her friend had been criticized horribly about it. She said including herself she couldn't believe her friend had given Rachel back. She had been so worried about what had happened to Rachel and how she was dealing with it. I told her we love Rachel and she's had the best that she could possibly have. I let her know that we know Rachel is ours and is supposed to be in our family. It was a relief for this woman to know that Rachel was in good hands and thriving so well. A totally weird encounter for us to where I was pretty wigged out about it. I talked with several family members and we came to the conclusion that the lady must have needed to see her to put her heart and mind at ease. Hopefully that's the case and there aren't any more of these odd encounters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment