So after having years and years of discomfort and no good news coming from the fertility Dr. I decided it was time to finally have a hysterectomy. We found a time that would work with everyone schedule and I scheduled it. I would have it on July 31st and would spend the night at the Hospital with my parents at home with Rachel. The surgery went well and I couldn't get out of the hospital quick enough. I thought it would be good to spend the night but I don't think I slept hardly at all. We were released and home by 9:00 the next day. I took it easy and had to remind Rachel several times why she couldn't lay on me. She did pretty good though. I was very grateful for my parents coming and helping me and then was grateful for Jamie taking her for a few days. I had started to feel so good after about day 3 that if I had kept Rachel with me I would have totally overdone things. I felt awesome on day 3 and the only reason I could tell I had surgery was because if I hit the incision it hurt.
**Side Note**So all went well and I'm on the mend and after my 2 week post op the Dr. is happy with my progress and is letting me play volleyball a week earlier than originally suggested.
No comments:
Post a Comment